Five Reasons You May Need an Air Ambulance
If you're lucky, you or your loved ones will never need an air ambulance. Unfortunately, it's possible that you'll find yourself in a situation where you need to call an air ambulance provider like MedFlight911 to find out about our services. Below, I've summarized five common reasons that people may need an air ambulance.
1. You suffer a medical emergency when you're in another country and need to get back to the United States. As a worldwide air ambulance provider, MedFlight911 is able to provide medical transport to and from the U.S. and other countries. If you're traveling abroad and get sick or are injured, MedFlight911 can help you get back to your home country and get the medical care you need.
2. One of your loved ones is ill and needs to be moved closer to their family. Today, many of us live far away from our closest family. That means that when a relative (often an elderly parent or grandparent) gets sick, it can be difficult to manage their care from a distance. Many of our air ambulance transports involve moving people so that they can be closer to their loved ones.
3. You are sick or injured and need medical care that's not available in your current location. You can get excellent medical care in most parts of the United States. But if you have a very serious or unusual health issue, it sometimes makes sense to travel to a hospital far away from your home, since they may be best able to treat you.
4. You are too sick to travel on a commercial flight. If you're very sick or have a serious medical condition, traveling on a commercial flight may not be safe – or even possible. Airlines can (and do) deny boarding to passengers they believe are too sick to fly. If you're seriously ill, you can save yourself time and hassle by arranging an air ambulance transport, rather than risk getting to the airport and having airline staff refuse to let you on the plane.
5. You need to travel from one medical facility to another, and the distance is too great to travel via ground ambulance. Typically, moving a patient from one medical facility to another requires a ground ambulance. But that's not always practical, and an air ambulance can be a good alternative.
At MedFlight911, we provide air ambulance transport for all these situations and more. Our goal is to help patients and their families get the medical care that they need in the location that they want. If you'd like to learn more about our air ambulance services, please give us a call at 888-359-1911. We're always happy to answer your questions.
To find out more about MedFlight911's advanced air ambulance services, give us a call at 888-359-1911 or get a no-obligation air ambulance quote here.