Long Distance Medical Transport
Need a long-distance medical transport for a patient?
Concerned that a transport will put you hours behind in your day?
Does the transport process seem daunting?
You've come to the right place.
At MedFlight911, we know how much you have on your plate, and we're here to make the transport process simple and easy. This doesn't have to be a time-intensive process for you. We've been assisting Case Managers with medical flights and transports for more than 30 years. We'll act as your assistant; simplifying and streamlining the process so you can get back to your other responsibilities.
- Save hours of time
- We handle every detail; coordinating and communicating with the receiving facility, the insurance company, the patient's family and other agencies.
- Feel completely confident
- Our 30 years of experience means you can relax knowing the job will be done quickly and professionally.
- Move your patient quickly
- We can organize your long distance medical transport in as little as 2 hours.
With MedFlight911 you'll get personalized attention every step of the way and your patient will get the highest level of experience and compassion from our medically trained personnel. Even if you don't need a transport, but have a question, challenge or need a resource, we're here for you. Just give us a call and we'll do everything we can to help. At MedFlight911, our air ambulance service always begins with you.
Simple. Easy. Fast.
With MedFlight911, getting your transport scheduled couldn't be easier. Click here to download a checklist of these steps.
1. Call us with the trip requirements
- Where is the patient going?
- When do they need to go?
- What will the patient need during transport? (vent, invasive monitoring, medication)
2. Provide us with a few time-saving patient items
- History & Physical (H&P)
- Discharge orders or summary
- List of medications
- Clinical notes from the last 3-5 days
3. We take care of the rest
- We locate the closest most appropriate resource.
- We work directly with the insurance company to maximize the potential for reimbursement.
- We coordinate with the patient's receiving facility, medical staff, you and any other agencies.
- We update the receiving facility and you all along the transport process.
- We follow up with you and the family once the transport is complete.