What makes a successful air ambulance trip? At MedFlight911, it’s a special recipe involving each member of our team doing their job to the utmost of their ability. Specifically, each of our transports incorporates the following five characteristics.
1. Clear communication. From the moment a family member or case manager first reaches out to us, we are focused on providing clear answers to any questions they have about setting up a long-distance medical transport. Our motto is “our service begins with you.” When you call and speak with one of our medically trained transport specialists, they’ll do everything they can to get the answers you need as quickly as possible and to clearly communicate all the important details about the transport.
2. Bedside-to-bedside long-distance medical transport service. An air ambulance trip involves so much more than just the flight itself. It’s actually a multi-step process of transferring a patient from one location to another -– and taking care of his or her medical needs in the process. That’s why, for most transports, the MedFlight911 team is there every step of the way, from before the patient leave his current location (discharging facility) until he reaches his final destination (receiving facility).
3. Experienced air medical personnel. From in-office staff to pilots to our medical crews, everyone who works with MedFlight911 has the training and expertise to deal with even the most difficult and complicated of transports. Each member of our medical crew is highly experienced and extensively trained in his or her specialty. Physicians are board-certified in emergency medicine. Critical care flight nurses, paramedics, and respiratory therapists are licensed and carry specialized certifications above the normal requirements. That level of training helps us prepare to deal with whatever situations may arise during a transport.
4. Top-of-the-line air ambulance equipment. Our air ambulances feature all the latest equipment and medications necessary to care for a patient in transit. Standard medical equipment includes a highly specialized, FAA-approved stretcher system, oxygen, adult/pediatric ventilator, cardiac monitor/ defibrillator, suction, intubation equipment, IV pumps, a full complement of critical care and ACLS drugs, and other specialty equipment. Standard medications include a comprehensive supply of antibiotics to treat a wide range of bacterial and parasitic infections. For patients with unique needs, we’re able to provide specialized equipment.
5. Patient-first attitude. Most important of all, we embrace a patient-first attitude at MedFlight911. Our job is to get each and every one of our patients to their destination safely, no matter what it takes. For more than three decades, we’ve been helping patients and their families cope with a stressful, frightening process, managing all the details so that your family member and loved one can get to where they need to be as quickly as possible. Medical transport is our specialty (it’s all we do, every day) and we have the knowledge and the compassion to organize seamless transports every time.
To find out more about MedFlight911′s air ambulance services, give us a call at 888-359-1911 or get a no-obligation air medical transport quote here.