At MedFlight911, we're doing everything we can to minimize our environmental impact and reduce our carbon footprint. To this end, we take a "green" approach to everything we do; including donating 1% of our profits to environmental programs such as the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). Here are some of our other "green" initiatives.
Going Green in the Office
- We are committed to recycling paper, plastic, glass and more.
- As a company we strive to maintain a "paperless office" wherever possible including electronic patient charting. Not only does this practice protect the environment, but it also increases the speed with which we can access and deliver patient data.
- We encourage our providers and staff to go paperless.
- Reducing waste
- We support and promote car-pooling and/or working from a home office.
- Saving fuel
- We set the thermostat on the higher side to reduce our energy consumption.
- We share computers and use one machine with a combined copier, printer, scanner and fax.
- Our operations center makes extensive use of energy efficient devices such as LED lighting and CFL bulbs.
- Saving Energy
Going Green in the Field
- We utilize the closest resource instead of bringing air or ground transportation across the country; reducing the cost and fuel consumption of the trip.
- We use flight-planning software to find the most efficient flying routes and altitudes.
- We encourage pilots to ground-taxi with just one engine running to eliminate unnecessary fuel consumption.
- When available, we support the use of ground support equipment in lieu of running auxiliary power systems.
- Saving fuel
A note from our CEO
"We are committed to leading the industry in environmental awareness by instituting measures that will reduce the impact we have on the planet. We are setting the 'green' bar for the air medical aviation industry, and we intend to set it high."